I know there's been a couple of discussion about OUYA as a media center on here and those answered a lot of my questions, but there are still some that remain.
For anyone other looking for the same thing, here are the answers I already got:
- External HDD support: YES - via USB 2.0 port
Now for the questions I still need answers too:
- Can I share files from external HDD with PC over LAN? Something like samba, which I'm currently using on my Raspberry Pi.
- How fast is the transfer between external HDD via LAN and PC in both directions? The R-Pi is really disappointing in this aspect. I can only get to 1MB/s of transfer speed to my PC or from my PC. With full HD video files weighting in at 10GB+ this is unusable.
- How loud is the OUYA fan? Is it always on, or just when the OUYA really needs it (i.e. when running games, playing video)? I plan on having the media center in my bedroom so I prefer it being as quiet as it can be. While playing movies it's not as important if the sound from the TV drowns it out, but when the TV is off and I'm sleeping I prefer it to make as little noise as possible, if any.
- Can I use an USB hub and connect multiple devices to OUYA that way? This isn't really as important as any of the other questions, but could be useful to know.
Hope you see what I'm trying to achieve with OUYA as a media server/center and can help me out with these answers.