Firmware 1.0.346 (minor update to 1.0.365)

nicknick Posts: 182Member, Administrator, Team OUYA
edited July 2013 in Announcements
1.0.346 just fixes a few issues, and there's no update to the ODK this time. Changelog: 
  • Fixed changing passwords through Gamers Portal blocking users 
  • Fixed purchases not working when changing to a Dev account 
  • Fixed simultaneous button presses not registering in some MP games

1.0.365 fixes the issue with the game/app details page sometimes not loading correctly.

Post edited by Piers on

Comments

• Sir_DragoonSir_Dragoon Posts: 4Member
    There seems to be a problem accessing items in the sandbox.  Selecting an item and then trying to go out freezes the system (double tapping home sometimes recovers) though I just tried it and it looks like it recovers slowly or even freezes when bringing the main ouya screen up...

• PiersPiers Posts: 680Member, Administrator, Team OUYA
    Thanks for the report.  Server side pretty sure; we're looking at it.
  • dra6onfiredra6onfire Posts: 91Member
    After the update all my volumes except alarm were muted. Had to go into the advanced menu and crank them back up again.
    Sandbox issue fixed.

Checked my volumes, they're fine.  It might be the 1 in 20k case where sometimes after an update android flicks a switch for no reason.  We'll keep an eye out for other reports.
  • HiroLordHiroLord Posts: 54Member
    Still trying, but just letting you know. My console has downloaded the new update thrice now and every time it flashes few a few screens, goes back to the home screen, and then restarts the download. This is the fourth time.
    @HiroLord turn off then on the console and see if this helps.  If it does not it's likely you'll need to reset it :(
    I tried restarting it. It took two more tries after turning it back on but it did succeed in the update.
  • dr-nixdr-nix Posts: 7Member
    Piers: you guys working on external storage?

I have read reports of ppl running out of space so it's an issue.

Not related to this update (sorry about that).
    Glad you got it fixed, Hiro.  External storage is coming, no ETA sorry.  Space, I know...working on it :)
  • Sky2000Sky2000 Posts: 1Member
    Are you working on the Wi-Fi issues?
    I can't get a decent wifi signal in my OUYA in the same place where my HTPC, Tablet and Mobile Phone can stream 1080p movies. My OUYA barely can get a 100Kbps network and lose signal frequently
    Been working on making Wi-Fi better.  Make sure the OUYA isn't tucked away behind your TV or in your enclosed entertainment center or otherwise blocked.  Turning the console on side so top faces your router helps as well.
  • zouzzzzouzzz Posts: 22Member
    Bug on my OUYA : My OUYA download update 1.0.346, reboot, re-download update, re-reboot, re-re-download update, re-re-reboot... ... ...
    398894ouya.png
    - Dev - Hacks - Applications - Games - Demos -
    Anyone able to generate a logcat for this firmware build update download loop?
  • mperkinsmperkins Posts: 2Member
    After the update I've lost preview pictures of all my games. When I go to play all I have are a bunch of grey boxes.  When highlight them it says what game it is...otherwise I can't tell what's what. Same holds true for sideloaded apps. Just shows blank grey boxes.  I fully shut it down and restarted. Didn't do anything.
  • mperkinsmperkins Posts: 2Member
    I went to apps and cleared the data on Ouya launcher. That did the trick
    mperkins said:
    After the update I've lost preview pictures of all my games. When I go to play all I have are a bunch of grey boxes.  When highlight them it says what game it is...otherwise I can't tell what's what. Same holds true for sideloaded apps. Just shows blank grey boxes.  I fully shut it down and restarted. Didn't do anything.

Small issue I just noticed:

When I plug my Ouya into my Mac, I get two notifications under manage, and I get the little "2" next to Notifications. Normal.

When I had it plugged in and there was the update, I had three notifications, one of them being the update.

Today, I have three, but only two show up (those being related to plugging in my Ouya to my Mac). I can click them both and the number on Notifications drops to "1" but I cannot get it to remove.

Obviously not a big deal but something to note.

Power cycling the Ouya fixed the issue.
    No solution for the reboot pb. :/
    398894ouya.png
    @zouzzz go to Manage / System / Advanced and then enter Apps.  Scroll to right (ALL tab), scroll down to the OUYA Launcher and click on it.  Next click the "Clear data" option in the lower right and confirm.  Reboot the console and you should catch the update now.

Let me know if this works, thanks!
    I can't test it.
    Now the screen lock on the U of OUYA and the OUYA doesn't boot :(
    398894ouya.png
    That sounds like it may be bricked :(   You probably have to contact support at this point, very sorry.
  • RinLo0kRinLo0k Posts: 3Member
    my ouya automatic update it self and when it shut off I get this purple screen and stays like that for over 15 minutes 
    ok still stuck this ouya has a lot of problem from day one bluetooth some times disconnect by it self wifi don't connect

ok got it to work plug into old tv with 720p
    edited July 2013
    Piers said:
    That sounds like it may be bricked :(   You probably have to contact support at this point, very sorry.
    I'll test the unbrick method : http://forums.ouya.tv/discussion/comment/11742/#Comment_11742
    I hope... i hope...
    Post edited by zouzzz on
    398894ouya.png
  • lukasONnetlukasONnet Posts: 11Member
    Since the last update I can't search in Discover or in Play any more. By pressing Y the Search pops up, but there is no keyboard. :(
    zouzzz said:
    Piers said:
    I'll test the unbrick method : http://forums.ouya.tv/discussion/comment/11742/#Comment_11742
    I hope... i hope...
    Unbrick like this : http://x-community.grafbb.com/t1030-debriquez-votre-ouya
    398894ouya.png
    @lukasONnet this could be caused by using a programmable usb mouse (i.e. can be mouse or keyboard) tricking the console into thinking you have an actual keyboard.  If you have a usb mouse or similar try unplugging this and rebooting; hopefully this resolves it.
    edited July 2013
    Piers said:
    @lukasONnet this could be caused by using a programmable usb mouse (i.e. can be mouse or keyboard) tricking the console into thinking you have an actual keyboard.  If you have a usb mouse or similar try unplugging this and rebooting; hopefully this resolves it.
    Ah, okay, thanks. I used the app "Blue Board", thats why. Thanks again.
    Post edited by lukasONnet on
    @lukasONnet I haven't used Blue Board yet.  Can you tell me was this running in the background as a service or something, which is why you forgot?  Just trying to find out more how it works and interfered with search etc.
    edited July 2013
    @Piers It seems like it is running in the background, yes.
    If you don't want it to search for an touchscreen device, you have to launch the app and go to "Change Default Input" and go from "English (USA) Blue Board" back to "English (USA) OUYA Keyboard". Wasn't aware of that.
    After switching the input-mode back to "OUYA Keyboard" the search worked again.
    Post edited by lukasONnet on