Polarity - First person puzzler

The_CraigThe_Craig Posts: 89Member
edited March 2013 in Games
Out on the Ouya store as of now! It's a first person puzzler along the same lines as Portal, hope you enjoy it!

Screens:

Trailer coming soon! Updated
Post edited by The_Craig on

Comments

• EvgizEvgiz Posts: 184Member
    Judging by the screenshots this looks great! Reminds me of QUBE and portal like you mentioned.

Im looking forward to playing this!

I made the OUYA exclusive games Cube and Creature and Hellworm!
    evgiz.net

• The_CraigThe_Craig Posts: 89Member
    Thanks Evgiz, do you not have a console yet?
    edited March 2013
    Added to opening post.
    Post edited by The_Craig on
    I didnt have the opportuntiy during the kickstarter so Im only an early preorder :(

evgiz.net

• AndreacomposerAndreacomposer Posts: 67Member
    very nice style!
    if you are looking for a composer, please contact me, listen my soundtrack on my web site
    Topic on OUYA with my works, please look my works!
     Twitter        BandCamp      Soundcloud
    image          image           image
    Composer of Cube and Creature and  Worm from Hell OUYA's game
    Andrea Composer
    Thanks Andrea!
  • ShnupbupsShnupbups Posts: 6Member
    This looks GREAT! I can't wait to play this on my new OUYA when it comes!
  • Matt_LangMatt_Lang Posts: 29Member
    Looking at all these games makes me want my ouya so badly! I love puzzler games! Reminds me a bit of portal! 

2D MMORPG game/engine coming to OUYA!
    http://forums.ouya.tv/discussion/896/mmo-hopefully
    Version 1.02 went live yesterday, plenty of improvements all around. Version 1.03 is due soon and includes performance improvements.
  • AyrikAyrik Posts: 429Member
    I played yesterday, but I'm not sure I had the latest update or not. Anyway, I had a really hard time controlling the game because it slides around and the camera movement has crazy amounts of smoothing and is hard to be accurate. Also, when jumping, I expect the jump to start right when I hit the button, but instead, happens a few seconds after, which makes judging gaps way too hard. Please fix these things because I enjoyed what I could play while I could tolerate the controls.
    Saga Heroes - Adventure RPG
    image image
    @Ayrik

The controls are a problem with the performance, the game is built with Unity but up until this week the input system for Ouya and Unity was extremely slow. When the new input system is fully supported the controls should be much better (I'm not happy with them in the current version either).

Are you on a devkit or retail? I've found the devkit controllers are absolutely terrible whereas using a 360 controller is much more responsive and generally better.

Appreciate your patience and feedback.
  • AyrikAyrik Posts: 429Member
    I'm using the dev kit. But, I brought the OUYA to work today so maybe I'll try with one of our Xbox controllers (I don't have any wired ones at home).
    Saga Heroes - Adventure RPG
    image image
    Just one point on that is that 360 is only supported for the actual in-game controls. It won't work on the front end or menus. Let me know how it goes.
  • fraygosfraygos Posts: 2Member
    Will there be cake?
    I'd say yes, but that would be a lie.
  • PiersPiers Posts: 680Member, Administrator, Team OUYA
    The cake is not a lie; it's a fib.  The pie, on the other hand, is a lie.  Don't let them fool you!
  • Killa_MaakiKilla_Maaki Posts: 504Member
    The_Craig said:
    I'd say yes, but that would be a lie.
    BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH - ahem.
    I seem to have found that disproportionately funny.
    You didn't remember the plot of the Doctor Who movie because there was none; Just a bunch of plot holes strung together.
    For any of you guys who bought it there's a pretty huge update on the way.
    Polarity is one of the reasons I want my OUYA right NOW!
    That, and developing on the real hardware. :D

evgiz.net

Very nice of you Evgiz, but I wouldn't get your hopes up THAT much. ;)
  • fraygosfraygos Posts: 2Member
    This game is a triumph. I'm making a note here. Huge success. Bought mine.
    BTW. How do ouya games update?
    Im expecting portal 3 here!

Okay, my developer side might want the OUYA more, but this is for sure one of the games I look forward to!

evgiz.net

• RicharmeleonRicharmeleon Posts: 20Member
    I bought it, and am looking forward to "STORY 02". I've gotten all thirty-six available data and beaten all levels except eight and ten in less than a minute. For those, I am under two minutes.

I enjoyed it, but I hope you come up with some really hard puzzles in the future. I found these rather easy, with the exception of the one where you start out by throwing a red block through a green barrier for the first time. I had no idea I was supposed to do that.

Also, there seems to be a race condition where sometimes the level select says I need to purchase the game.
    Kickstarter backer #17849
    @Richarmeleon

Thanks for the kind words, I'm not particularly proud of the version that's currently on the store. As always I'm working on a large update that should vastly improve the game.

As for harder puzzles, it'll depend on the games success, but if there's enough demand for it additional levels are definitely something I would be interested in doing.
    Is there anybody out there in the forum who would be interested in testing a new updated APK for me?
  • MasititoMasitito Posts: 6Member
    Sure, but please add an option to invert the Y-axis. Perhaps it sounds stupid to you, but not having this option is a consideration for purchase of extra levels.

Anyway, I have played only the first few puzzles, but the game looks very promising. I'm using a standard edition of the OUYA. I tried the game with the normal controller but could use a 360 controller for testing.
  • RicharmeleonRicharmeleon Posts: 20Member
    I'd love to see more levels, Craig. Just message me and lemme know what feedback you're looking for.
    Kickstarter backer #17849
  • JaegerJaeger Posts: 26Member
    Fantastic game.  My first purchase on Ouya!
    yaaay, VR rocks!

...but does the OUYA support oculus?

evgiz.net